Monday, May 31, 2010

Decorating My Condo (is hard)


I have had so much difficulty designing my condo. I've been here for 6 months and you would think by 25 years old I would know my style right? Nope! I had an epiphany while I was shopping today though. My style is bohemian. I couldn't put myself into the old world, traditional or modern box because not only do I like all three but I LOVE eclectic, quirky pieces. I like the contrasts of fabrics, patterns and colours and I LOVE anything renaissance with a romantic feel to it. I love florals. I also love things that remind me of the 80s and 90s because of the nostalgia. I am largely a feeling based person so I like pieces that draw out emotions and images. I like when you walk into a room and it tells a story. Take the picture above; aren't you dying to know who lives here? What does she do at that desk?

My condo is painted a very warm-orangey-beige and it's really hard for me to work with. I think I'm going to paint my room (eventually) a very light pink. Although, after painting my last apartment I think I might wait until I can hire someone...

Right now I'm trying to figure out what to do with my den. I want it to be a social room but also a comfortable place for my kitties because they're always there looking out the windows. I saw a beautiful showroom in Ikea that gave me some ideas.

Picture source: AnnaSage

No comments:

Post a Comment